The Charles River Conservancy
The Charles River Conservancy strives to make the Charles River and its parks a well-maintained network of natural urban places that invite and engage all in their use and stewardship.
The Charles River Conservancy lies at the center of the Charles River, its parks, and the park’s users. We similarly envision a future in which the Charles River and its parks are celebrated, well-utilized, and connected centers of public life.
Watch a video about The Charles River Conservancy!
Join us for City Splash 2022!https://thecharles.org/
Come swim the Charles and join the movement to return public river swimming to Boston!
Join the Charles River Conservancy's movement to reclaim urban river swimming in the Charles River! City Splash is your only chance to jump in the Charles! This summer marks the 6th year of City Splash, with over 1,200 people experiencing the joy of swimming the Charles River to date. Registrants and spectators will also enjoy on land activities, games, and food trucks.
Important Event Information:
1. This swim takes place in deep water.
2. Swimming is only allowed for registered participants during their pre-registered 25-minute swim slot. Due to demand, swimmers may only register for one swim slot.
3. All participants must be 12 years old or older, comfortable swimming and treading in deep water and able to climb in and out of the water via a dock ladder.
4. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
5. All flotation devices are prohibited.
6. Lifeguards will be on duty during the event.
7.Changing tents and a bag check will be provided.
8. The rain date for this event is set for Sunday June 19, 2022. In the event of postponement, the event will be moved to June 19th and participants registered for June 18th will have their registration transferred to June 19th for the same time slot.
9. Access to the dock and swim area will be strictly limited to registered swimmers.
10. For safety reasons, animals will not be allowed on the dock or in the designated swim area. Service animals are welcome.
June 18, 2022
Charles River Esplanade
Boston, MA 02114
12:00 PM – 4:00 PM EDT
Map and directions powered by Google Maps. Collection and use of location information are governed by Google’s Privacy and Terms.