Support our Troops
Each and every day, over a million people serve our country,
helping protect us both at home and overseas.
Ready to Make a Difference?
Want to support our organization?
We need your support to keep making great educational materials for young people, parents, and teachers.
How can you help?
There are a lot of ways you can support our veterans and troops where you live:
- Send a care package. Care packages help troops get the items they need year-round and improve morale and well-being. Here are some ideas on what to include in your care package.
- Write a letter. There’s nothing like getting a thoughtful, handwritten letter. Writing a letter to a service member deployed overseas can help boost their spirits while they’re far from home. Get started here.
- Raise money or donate. Through activities like bake sales, you can raise money and donate it to your local veteran’s organization. You can also donate goods, like blankets, to veterans in need and their families.
- Say “Thank you.” Sometimes the best thing you can do for someone else is make them feel appreciated. Thanking active duty service people and veterans you see out and about can go a long way to brightening their day. Start by writing a thank you card.
Our Nonprofit Partners
These are just some of the inspiring partners we work with to help support our troops:
Recommended Reading List
Reading is a great way to better understand the causes you care about and how you can help. Here are some books and online resources to get you started. As an Amazon Associate Project Giving Kids earns a small commission from qualifying purchases.*
Additional Online Resources
Interested in learning more? Check out these organizations and their websites for more information!
*The books, websites, charities, and/or other entities we share does not imply explicit endorsement by PGK, nor does PGK have any responsibility for the content provided by other organizations or websites. Content on this site is provided for informational purposes only.
Teachers and parents can teach kids about helping animals in the classroom or at home with our educational materials.
Choose the grade level below to find a lesson plan.
Elementary School Lesson Plan
This lesson will focus on recognizing veterans as heroes and ways we can honor them.
- Students will examine the roles of veterans and current military in protecting our country and freedom
- Students will reflect on ways to honor our veterans and current military
Middle School Lesson Plan
This lesson will focus on supporting our troops by exploring the challenges and needs of military spouses and children.
- Students will explore the needs and challenges of military families
- Students will reflect upon the importance of helping military families as a way to support our troops
High School Lesson Plan
This lesson will focus on supporting our troops by recognizing the prevalence of PTSD and suicide among military veterans and understanding how to provide effective therapy for PTSD and suicide prevention.
- Students will explore how PTSD and suicide affects military veterans
- Students will examine ways to support our troops by providing effective care for those suffering from PTSD and increasing suicide prevention measures