We want to say THANK YOU to everyone out there helping us spread love and kindness through acts of service!
Spring is coming, and no matter where you are, your family can make a difference in your community. Fire up your calendar—we have 14 ways to volunteer with your kids and do some good! Be sure to create an account with Project Giving Kids or download our iPhone app so that you can easily favorite and keep track of activities.
Some of these you can do anywhere in the US, and we also have great on-site volunteer opportunities for kids, teens, and families in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, and Boston.
- Plan an end-of-school-year Crayon Collection, so still-good crayons stay out of the landfill and head to Title 1 schools for the next school year
- Grab your spring sports team and put together some Sweet Cases for Foster Youth to ease their transitions
- Support deployed troops overseas by becoming a Soldiers Angels letter writer
- Walk or run to help eliminate hunger in Project Bread’s 51st Walk for Hunger (May 5)
- Then head toward Fenway to support art education and take part in ARCK’s Miles of Murals (May 5)
- Do some spring cleaning and “regift” towels and silverware for those transitioning to permanent homes – (New volunteer session 3/2 if you want to work in the Household Goods warehouse too!)
- Give the gift of time – and maybe dinner – by signing up to provide an activity or meal in the Valley to families experiencing homelessness
- Do some spring planting or Canyon cleaning with TreePeople
- Take part in the largest urban river clean up in America – FOLAR’s 30th annual Great River Clean Up (Apr. 13, 20, 27)
- Gear up for a Month of Big Sundays (starting May 1) – no shortage of ways to give back & make a difference!
San Francisco Bay Area
- Be an usher for an upcoming Angels on Stage production (Apr. 26-28) (South Bay)
- Make lunches, or help serve Saturday breakfast at Hope’s Corner (South Bay)
- Take part in the Best Buddies Friendship walk (Apr. 13) (San Francisco)
- Serve up some Game Day fun at Children’s Fairyland (ages 12+) (East Bay)