Your home, school, camp!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Our organization welcomes refugees when they first arrive at the airport, and we support them as they settle into their new communities. Your letter provides connection for individuals and families and lets them know just how welcome they are in New England!
Create welcome letters for newly arrived refugees in our community.
Because individuals and families arrive with varying levels of English, we ask that you write a short message and include color pictures of your favorite hobbies and things to do in New England.
- Paper (printer or construction)
- Colored Pencils
- Any other crafting supplies you can think of
- (No confetti or glitter please)
Collect your crafting materials and get started!
- Collect and organize your crafting supplies.
- Write a short note to our new neighbors. For example "Welcome to Boston!" or "We are glad you are here!" quote on a card.
- Add your colorful pictures.
- Please make a minimum of 10 cards.
- In order to receive credit for community service hours, take a picture of your cards and upload photo to PGK's impact form, completing the questionnaire. Then email firstname.lastname@example.org letting them know you have completed the impact form and need verification for your community service hours.
- All letters can be mailed or dropped off to: Volunteer Program/International Institute of New England at 2 Boylston Street, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02116.
- Be sure to let us know that this activity came from PGK.
Please do NOT include any political or religious notes/messages. We also ask that you write notes in English.