At home (or at school, Scouts, or any other place where you gather with friends)
All year long
WHO NEEDS TO HELPClass, Scout troop or family members
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
The families that come to Boston for medical care come, at times, in an emergency situation, packing only the necessary things they need for the trip. These Welcome Baskets provide relief during those first days of their stay until they feel more familiar with Boston and also help them keep their focus on their loved ones getting treatment. A gift as simple as a few toiletry items show that someone cares.
When families arrive at a host home for the first time from far away, they feel even more welcome and comfortable if they have the basics that they need for their stay upon their arrival. Collecting items for and assembling Welcome Baskets is a great activity for individuals and groups of all ages, and can be done any time of year.
- Basket or gift bag
- 1.7 - 3 oz. shampoo and conditioner
- 1.7 - 3 oz. body lotion
- 1.2 - 3 oz. hand sanitizer
- Body wash or wrapped bar of soap
- Small tube of toothpaste
- Tissues or Kleenex
- Deck of cards
- Gift card to local coffee shop such as Dunkin' Donuts, Starbucks, Au Bon Pain, etc.
Follow the instructions as outlined. If you have questions or to schedule delivery of your baskets, contact Denise Duclos, Outreach Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (888) 595-4678 ext. 1.
1. Grab a basket or gift bag large enough to hold your collected items. If needed, decorate the gift bag.
2. Collect the designated items for your basket/bag. You may want to do a drive and ask friends, neighbors, classmates, or others you know to bring a designated item to a birthday or holiday party, or as part of another activity you are participating in. Be sure to specify a date by which all items should be returned (if not collected at a particular event or on a particular day).
3. Arrange all of the collected items in the basket/bag.
4. Consider making a "Welcome to Boston" card to add to your special basket/bag.
5. Mail your completed basket/bag to: Hospitality Homes, 20 Overland St, Suite 204, Boston, MA 02215. Alternatively, contact Denise Duclos at email@example.com or call 888-595-4678 ext. 1 to arrange a time to drop off your basket/bag.