In your community - your neighborhood, school, place of worship, local business, etc. - whatever works best for you!
During the colder months of the year.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Class, troop, or other group of like-minded kids (some adult involvement may be required to help with planning and drop off of collected items).
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
You'll help keep vulnerable people healthy, safe, and warm AND help them maintain their comfort and dignity during an especially difficult time of year for them.
When it's cold outside, our vulnerable neighbors experiencing homelessness in our community are especially at risk to the elements. You can help reduce the danger to those on the streets during the winter through our Warm Hands Warm Hearts Apparel Drive. By participating in Warm Hands Warm Hearts, you will not only help keep our community's neediest, most vulnerable citizens warm and safe, but you will also help maintain their dignity and comfort during this most difficult time of year.
1. Paper and printer to make signs (or markers if making by hand)
2. Collection bins
3. Boxes and postage (if mailing)
Doing this activity for Create the Change®? Don't forget to register your activity to be eligible for the Create the Change® raffle and more!
See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for more details.
1. Download our Warm Hands Warm Hearts flyer here. If you plan to do a larger drive, make signs indicating what you are collecting and your collection period. Items can include brand new winter hats, scarfs, and pairs of mittens and/or gloves.
2. Place your collection bins and your signs in your chosen location(s) for the duration of your drive. Be sure you have received permission to put the collection bins in your chosen location(s). We recommend running a drive for at least two weeks.
3. Check your collection bins periodically and empty them, as necessary, to make room for new donations.
4. At the end of your collection period, mail or deliver your donations to:
Woods Mullen Women's Shelter
794 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, MA 02118
*You can drop off 24/7 at the front desk at the Woods Mullen Shelter. Staff will get your donations to Dwayne Brown for distribution to people in need.
5. Include the PGK packing slip when mailing/delivery donations.
6. Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.