- SF- Pennsylvania Warehouse:900 Pennsylvania Ave. San Francisco, CA 94107
- SF – Illinois Warehouse:1050 Marin Street (at Illinois) San Francisco, CA 94107
- Marin:2550 Kerner Blvd. San Rafael, CA 94901
Ongoing activity throughout the year.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Mom, Dad or other grown-up (some adult facilitation/involvement required).
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Volunteers in our warehouse are critical to getting food ready for delivery. Work done in the warehouse allows us to distribute more and different kinds of food (carrots, apples, oranges, rice, oats, etc.) and is delivered to the community in the days after a shift.
Help us sort and pack food, usually fresh fruit or grains, into sizes that are convenient for families to receive. You'll be in our warehouse with many other volunteers together getting food ready for distribution.
Close-toed shoes (We also suggest dressing in layers since the warehouse can be cold).
REVIEW THE WEBSITE for minimum ages at each location!
Contact us at 415-282-1900, x 244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although we have shifts 7 days a week, only certain days are open to youth. Please pay attention to the age limits when booking. Weekdays are limited to volunteers 11+. On Saturdays we welcome volunteers 8+ and Sundays are 4+.
For middle school students, we ask for a 1:5 youth to adult ratio. That decreases to 1:1 for elementary and younger youth (for a weekend). Please include adults in your reservation count when booking.
Simply sign up and come to the warehouse! For questions or for more information, email us at email@example.com. Please note: Although we have shifts 7 days a week, only certain days are open to youth. Please pay attention to the age limits when booking.
See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS for more details.
- Visit our online calendar and create a new account.
- Find a shift that fits your schedule and make a reservation.
- Come to the warehouse 15 minutes before your shift is scheduled to start and we'll show you what to do.
- Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer opportunity through PGK!
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity