1 Church St, Cambridge MA, 02138
You can choose between weekly shifts, onetime shifts, or joining the substitute list.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDGroup
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Volunteers are especially needed during Thanksgiving, the winter holiday season, spring break, and summer when many weekly student volunteers are away. We rely on volunteers to keep our shelter open. Please help. We very much appreciate it!
Prepare and serve warm meals to guests experiencing homelessness.
- 0 - 10: cannot volunteer in the shelter under any circumstances.
- 11 - 14: can volunteer in the shelter if they are accompanied by a parent/guardian at least a 1 parent for 2 children ratio and may only be in the kitchen at all times. They must have a parent/guardian signature.
- 15 - 17: must have a parent/guardian signature. If they are not a Harvard College student, they cannot be on an overnight shift.
- 18+: perfectly fine!
Visit the following link to sign up: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IvoToixz5J_3_3sK19vnn-wczhfionuZcf0CW-nMx9Y/edit#gid=13661999
- Sign up using the link above. let them know you learned of this opportunity through PGK.
- Be sure to be on time for your shift.
- Instructions will be provided by staff members on site.