The Cradles to Crayons Giving Factory is located at 281 Newtonville Avenue, Newton, MA
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Our volunteers - both adult and children - are the engine that powers Cradles to Crayons’ mission. We rely on thousands of volunteers every year to help ensure the quality of items that are distributed to children in need across the state.
A volunteer shift in The Giving Factory Warehouse involves hands-on processing of the donated goods that flow in on a regular basis. Each station in our warehouse includes inspecting, sorting, and packaging donations to ultimately be distributed to the children we serve.
Preparing For Your Visit
Before you come to volunteer at The Giving Factory Warehouse, we ask that you please read our important safety protocols and requirements that are part of our effort to keep our staff and volunteers safe and minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus. You can also view our Volunteer Safety flyer.
Our current volunteer capacity is 20 people per shift and all volunteers must be at least 10 years old.
- Fill out the inquiry form on our website. Please let us know you heard about us through Project Giving Kids!
- In just 3-5 business days, you’ll receive an email from one of our volunteer coordinators with more details – including the day/time for a scheduled visit.
Click on "VIEW INSTRUCTIONS" below for more info.
- Pre-register before your visit: It is crucial that all volunteers pre-register by using the link and registration code in the confirmation email received by the group leader. By pre-registering, you provide information that allows us to communicate helpful reminders prior to the visit. Only pre-registered volunteers will be allowed inside The Giving Factory.
- All volunteers must wear a mask for the duration of their shift. If your mask does not meet our requirements, we will have a disposable mask for you to wear instead.
- We encourage you to bring a reusable water bottle. We do not have water bottles, but you will be able to refill your bottles at our water stations.
- Eat before your shift. Regrettably, no eating is allowed in The Giving Factory at this time.
- We ask all of our volunteer groups to consider hosting a product collection prior to their visit to help us further our mission. There is no minimum requirement, but we ask each person to donate at least one children’s item. Please note our donation guidelines have changed. View our current guidelines here and learn more about hosting a successful drive here.