Location will be based on your particular job. All of the Bike-A-Thon routes will be leaving from 100 Boylston St. in Jamaica Plain, right by the Stony Brook T on the Orange Line. You can take the Orange Line to the start, ride your bike, get a ride, or drive your own car. Car parking is limited. Always make sure to check signage!
The annual Bike-A-Thon is on September 11th, 2021 and the rain date is September 25th, 2022. Volunteers are needed before, during, and after the event. Specific times are dependent on what role volunteers sign-up for.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
By joining the ranks of Bike-A-Thon volunteers, you will support work that is needed more than ever:
- The reclamation of bikes for use in unique local and international social justice projects
- Opportunities for youth and adults to gain hands-on skills while working to build a more sustainable world
- Meaningful jobs and professional mentorship for Boston teenagers and young adults
- The expansion of a thriving, equitable bike culture, locally and globally
Our Bike-A-Thon would not be possible without the help of 100+ wonderful volunteers and we have roles for everyone! Join us and you get a free T-shirt, breakfast, lunch, and the satisfaction of being a part of an extraordinary day. Sign-up here.
Some of the volunteer opportunities for this event are:
Help Prep for the Bike-A-Thon, Mark Routes, Supply/Food Pick-Ups, Field Set-Up Early Morning, Rider Check-In and Registration, Bag Check , Bike Parking , Fundraising Incentives Distribution , T-Shirts and BNB Merchandise, Field First-Aid, Prep and Serve Breakfast, Prep and Serve Lunch, Waste Sorter, Photography, Lead Rider on Bike Rides, Marshall Rides, Sweep (Last Rider) on Bike Routes, Drive Supplies to a Rest-Stop , Rest Stop Staff , Bike Mechanic at a Rest-Stop , Rest Stop First Aid, Return Rest Stop Supplies to BNB , Field Break-Down, Pick Up Road Signs, Deliver Leftover Food, Post Bike-A-Thon Organizing.
- Sign up for one of the slots HERE, and we will be in touch with details about your role as we get closer to the event.
- Be sure to let us know this activity came from PGK.
- On the day of the event, take and tag photos using hashtag: #bikesnotbombs, #BAT2022, and #projectgivingkids
- Fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.
- Still have questions? Please contact Angela Phinney, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or Gary Chin, Community Engagement & Events Officer at email@example.com.