Location will be based on your particular job. All of the Bike-A-Thon routes will be leaving from 100 Boylston St. in Jamaica Plain, right by the Stony Brook T on the Orange Line. You can take the Orange Line to the start, ride your bike, get a ride, or drive your own car. Car parking is limited. Please see our parking map (PDF) for recommended nearby streets. Always make sure to check signage!
The annual Bike-A-Thon is on September 12, 2021 and the rain date is September 26, 2021.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
By joining the ranks of Bike-A-Thon volunteers, you will support work that is needed more than ever:
- The reclamation of bikes for use in unique local and international social justice projects
- Opportunities for youth and adults to gain hands-on skills while working to build a more sustainable world
- Meaningful jobs and professional mentorship for Boston teenagers and young adults
- The expansion of a thriving, equitable bike culture, locally and globally
The Bike-A-Thon would not be possible without our team of dedicated volunteers. Join us and you get a free T-shirt, breakfast, lunch, and the satisfaction of being a part of an extraordinary day!
Some of the volunteer opportunities for this event are:
Bag Check, Breakfast Prep and Serve, Bike Mechanic at Rest Stop, Bike Parking, Check-In and Registration, Drive Supplies to Rest Stop, Field Break Down, Field First Aid, Field Set Up, Lead Rider, Lunch Prep with Master Chef (Days Before Ride), Lunch Prep and Serve (Day of Ride), Route Marker, Ride Marshall, Rest Stop First Aid, Photographer, Staff Rest Stop, Supply/Food Pick Ups, Sweep (Last Rider), T-Shirts and BNB Merchandise Sales, Waste Sorter
Sign up for one of the slots HERE, and we will be in touch with details about your role as we get closer to the event.
See "VIEW INSTRUCTIONS" for details.
- Sign up for one of the slots HERE, and we will be in touch with details about your role as we get closer to the event.
- Be sure to let us know this activity came from PGK.
- On the day of the event, take and tag photos using hashtag: #bikesnotbombs, #BAT2021, and #projectgivingkids
- Fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.
- Still have questions? Please contact Angela Phinney, Director of Development at email@example.com or Gary Chin, Community Engagement & Events Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.