Sportsmen's Tennis & Enrichment Center
950 Blue Hill Avenue, Dorchester, Massachusetts
Friday nights, 6-8pm.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Transportation to our center, if needed.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Volunteering for VAV is a rewarding experience! Come join us some Friday evening!
This experience involves our partnership with the Boston Police Department - Volley Against Violence (VAV) - that engages inner city youth in tennis while providing intentional mentoring, life skills training and educational experiences for youth ages 5-18. The youth come together from all throughout Boston on Friday evenings to learn and play tennis with Boston Police officers and Sportsmen's coaches. Volunteers will engage with the younger participants in skills building tennis activities. Volunteers DO NOT need to know how to play tennis for this activity, but sneakers are required. VAV is held on Friday evenings from 6pm to 8pm.
Sneakers must be worn.
Middle or High School students, NO tennis skills needed!
Interested, please contact Mary Long for details. See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS for details.
- Please arrive by 5:30pm to sign in and have a brief tour of our facility.
- 5:50pm - Volunteers are given an overview of the experience by a Sportsmen's coach.
- 6pm - 8pm - Volley Against Violence
- Be sure to let us know that you found this activity through PGK!
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.