In your community - at your school, camp, place of worship, a local business, in your neighborhood, or any other location of your choosing.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Class, troop, or other group of like-minded kids (some adult involvement may be required to help with planning).
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
School on Wheels helps homeless children succeed in school. A new backpack stuffed with new school supplies is very important and special to kids who have very little. All kids like to have new things for the start of school, and homeless children are no different. By hosting a school supply drive, you will help kids living in traumatic situations feel excited about starting a new school year and give them the tools they need to succeed.
Homeless kids often don't have new backpacks or school supplies to start off a new school year. You can organize a school supply drive and School on Wheels will make sure your donations are distributed to students living in shelters and group foster homes around Los Angeles who need them. With your help, they can get their new school year off to a good start!
We ask that you do not collect or purchase any physical items for donations. Instead, we ask that you support our virtual backpack drive or create your own on the Roonga platform we are using. Our supplier will be able to ship pre-stuffed backpacks, funded by your donations, directly to students in shelters. By donating via this platform, you are helping us ensure the safety of our students, staff, partners, and donors like you.
Decide when to hold your supply drive and follow the instructions provided. For School on Wheel's current needs, visit our website. Then, see VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for details.
Questions about logistics? Please email email@example.com.
- Visit our Roonga site to learn about how to set up a team virtual drive.
- Click “Launch new drive” under “Team Drives” on the main drive page.
- Register or login by selecting the appropriate option.
- Once you have registered or logged in, click the “Launch new drive” button again.
- The team drive setup has three sections: team information, drive information, and drive targets. For the first section, tell us about your team and who you are. Once you have completed the information below, click “Update” to save your changes.
- Now, describe your drive by giving it a name and describing your goals. For example, a drive name could be “Our Company’s School Supply Drive” and you can describe how many children you are hoping to help through your drive. You can then upload your own photos for your drive, or you can check the box to use the pictures from the main drive.
- Lastly, set your goals for your drive.
- Launch your drive! Once you click “Launch,” your drive is live on Roonga.
- Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer activity through PGK.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.