On site at Newton Food Pantry in the basement of Newton City Hall, 1000 Commonwealth Avenue in Newton. City Hall is accessible from MBTA Bus #59.
- Mondays: 7:30–8:45am or 11:15–12:30pm
- Tuesdays: 9:00–11:00am
- • Drivers: 10:00–11:00am
- • Morning Set-up: 8:00am–12:00pm
- • Client Support: 12:00pm–8:00pm
- Saturdays: 9:00–10:30am or 10:45–12:15pm
- Daily: Pick up bags from the pantry to restock the Newton Community freedge or prepare bags for freedge teams to pick up. Hours vary.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Teens, ages 13+.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
As a 100% volunteer-based organization, your help is critical to making our pantry function and supporting those most in need.
Volunteer jobs range from pre-bagging groceries for our senior clients to pantry setup to assisting our clients while shopping. Details can be found here.
All volunteers must be at least 13 years old. Some volunteers (depending on age and role) require a parent or guardian present. Masks are required for all inside shifts.
Please email our Volunteer Coordinator using our contact form.