Ready to Help Other Kids?
Tutor, mentor, and provide guidance to students in our College Prep Program - FLORIDA
Our tutoring program currently operates remotely via Zoom!
Tuesday evenings from 6:00pm- 7:30pm EST.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDNone
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
The CPP-with your help-specifically strives to support minority students in school and through their journey to attend college by offering tutoring and mentoring services. Through education, empowerment, and the encouragement of the community, we inspire children to act on their great educational potential to reach their goals.
The Triunfadores College Prep Program (CPP) strives to support K-12 students in school and through their journey to attend college. As a volunteer, you will be trained to tutor, mentor, and provide guidance to students so they may succeed academically and reach their goals. As a volunteer, your responsibility is to be there for your student. Once you are paired one-on-one with a student, you will be expected to help them with their assignments, prepare them for their standardized tests, and mentor them through areas they are struggling with, be it academic or professional. While the outline of services of the CPP may look overwhelming, you will be trained and ready to complete all the tasks listed.
Background check ($19), laptop for Zoom
Upon completing and submitting the application, you can expect to receive an email from one of the coordinators in the following week. Click VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for more details.
- Complete the online volunteer app here!
- Within the week, we will email you more information regarding the second step of the application process (the group interviews) and confirm your availability for this.
- After scheduling and completing the short interview (~30 mins), we will make a decision regarding your acceptance to the program within two days.
- Once accepted, we will schedule the virtual volunteer training session (~1 hour via Zoom), where you will learn more about the program, how to complete the background check, and get paired with a student before your first day of tutoring.
- To learn more about the program, please read the Program Description.
- Still have questions? Contact Us!
CPPAlachua@chbob.org - Jessica Alvarez - CPP Alachua Coordinator
CPPgnv@chbob.org - Mariagrazia Zavaleta - CPP Gainesville Coordinator
email@example.com - Emily Santiana - Education Director