DURATIONMore than 4 hours
In your community (at your school, in your neighborhood, at a local business, etc.)
Ongoing activity throughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Mom, Dad or other grown-up (some adult facilitation/involvement required)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Thousands of women every year find security, respite and a sense of normalcy in some of Rosie's Place's most basic services. Rosie's Place relies on the generosity of individuals, companies and organizations to provide toiletries and other essential items. Thank you for helping make a difference in the lives of poor and homeless women in our community.
Help Rosie's Place provide poor and homeless women with much-needed toiletries through their many programs, such as Advocacy, Outreach and our Outreach Van. Need items include: shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, brushes/combs, deodorant, lotion, lip balm, feminine hygiene products and new and gently used bath towels. Travel and full-sized items are much appreciated.
1. A flyer to promote the drive
2. Boxes to collect the toiletries (and signs to put on them)
3. Transportation to drop off the items at Rosie's Place
Decide when and where to do your drive and follow the instructions provided. Let Rosie's Place know that you are coordinating a drive by registering your effort at www.rosiesplace.org/drives. If you have specific questions, please contact Michael Oliver at (617) 318-0211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Decide what kind of drive you would like to organize and set a time frame for when the drive will happen. (We suggest at least two weeks.) Needed items include: shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, brushes/combs, deodorant, lotion, lip balm, feminine hygiene products and new and gently used bath towels. Make a goal for how much you hope to collect.
- Register your drive here!
- Under "organization" you can write in Project Giving Kids.
- Pick a location and put out collection boxes with signs indicating what kind of items you are collecting and for how long.
- Advertise! Put up fliers, send out emails, post on Facebook or Twitter - make sure to tag Rosie’s Place and Project Giving Kids! @RosiesPlace, @ProjectGivingKids (Facebook) @GivingKIDS (Twitter) or create a Facebook event.
- Keep advertising and updating the community on your progress throughout the drive.
- Make a delivery plan to get the donations to Rosie’s Place. You can drop off donations at Rosie's Place, 889 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA location Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Rosie's Place is not able to do pickups.)
- Share how much you collected and a photo of your donation on Facebook or Twitter.