On our farm located at 556 Croton Lake Road
Bedford Corners, New York 10549
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Volunteers are the lifeblood of Endeavor. We have over 100 volunteer spots each week to serve over 500 individuals a year. We could not accomplish our mission without every single volunteer.
Love horses and helping people? Volunteers support all aspects of our program whether teaching a residential youth how to groom; physically supporting a participant during physical therapy; or leading a horse in a therapeutic riding session. Volunteers also help us in the office and around the farm. While horse experience is helpful, Endeavor provides trainings for all volunteers interested in working with our horses.
All volunteers must be a minimum of 14 years of age.
Get Excited! Check out "View Instructions" Below for more information!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for paperwork and to confirm the next orientation date. All paperwork MUST be completed in order to RSVP for Orientation
- A completed volunteer application & vaccination status
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation which includes learning about our work, farm & equine safety, the role of a sidewalker, and how to set up our participants for success. A Volunteer Orientation must be completed to volunteer in any capacity at Endeavor. Orientations take place at our farm on the first Saturday of every month from 2-3pm. Email email@example.com to RSVP!
- After completing Orientation, join us for Horse 101 & Horse Leader training to learn more about working with our equine partners
- In Horse 101 you will learn how we work with our horses at Endeavor including about equine body language, paddock safety, grooming, and tacking. Horse 101s take place at our farm on the second Saturday of every month from 2-3pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP!
- In the Horse Leader training, you will attend a session to learn how we lead horses in program at Endeavor. This training must be completed to volunteer as a leader in the therapeutic horsemanship, physical therapy, or occupational therapy program. The Horse Leader training takes place at our farm on the third Saturday of every month from 2-3pm. Email email@example.com to RSVP!
- Please let us know you learned about this program through PGK!