In your home, community.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
To drop off or ship
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
We recognize the complex needs of women experiencing poverty and homelessness. Our basic services here at St. Francis House are supplemented with a secure space where women can find custom programs and pathways to stability.
Though women make up only 20% our total guest population, the number of women seeking help at St. Francis House has more than doubled in recent years, making them one of the fastest-growing groups among the homeless.
Homeless women are at especially high risk for violence, and nearly all of those who seek shelter at St. Francis House are victims of trauma, abuse, or rape. Our women’s counselor works with female guests to help them survive, and eventually move beyond, life on the streets. Providing a book is a small and generous way to support a visitor.
Help us build our library book collection by donating new or gently used books written by your favorite female authors. We are seeking books in the following genres: poetry, short stories, non-fiction, fiction (all kinds) and self help.
Please donate books in the following genres: poetry, short stories, non-fiction, fiction (all kinds) and self help. Click on "View Instructions" for details.
- Collect books.
- Tell your friends and neighbors.
- For donations of more than 3 books or any questions, please contact Jessica Shaughnessy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please let them know you learned about this drive through PGK.
- Please print, complete and include the PGK Donation Slip.
- Please send items to: St. Francis House, Women's Center, 39 Boylston Street, Boston MA 02116 SFH Tax ID is: 22-251-9129
- If you are unsure about which book to choose, check out the Women's Center Amazon wishlist here: https://lnkd.in/er4cRBU
Thank you so much!