Placements are determined by the Volunteer Coordinator based on your location and times availability.
An hour a week for 6 weeks.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
This program allows seniors to work one-on-one with a student to learn basic technology skills.
Student volunteers give seniors an introduction to computers or smartphones. Instruction includes basics, email, Skype, Microsoft Word, and the internet!
Patience to instruct others; knowledge of basic computer and smartphone skills.
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
If you can commit one hour a week for six weeks, please apply online. See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS for details.
- Determine that you are able to commit an hour a week for 6 weeks.
- Apply online by completing the Volunteer Application.
- If you have any questions, please contact Miriam Michelson, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-477-6940.
- Be sure to let them know you found this opportunity through PGK.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.