The class is hosted at Vinci Robotics Academy classroom. The address is
87 Terrace Hall Ave., Lower level Burlington, MA 01803
Class is every Saturday morning, 10 AM to 11:30 AM, throughout the school semester.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDGroup
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Special students with ASD are a large and growing population in our society. They usually need more helps to study as normal students and usually have a hard time working on complicated projects by themselves, especially hands-on projects.
Through our robotics hands-on classes, our goal is to help more special students to experience the fun of STEAM, as well as helping them to get interested in STEAM. Meanwhile, they can also acquire skills that can help them in their future lives.
As a parent-founded, parent-run warm and caring education organization, we hope to help more local special students.
To build a better community, we would like to use technologies to help special students (ASD students) to learn and explore STEAM with a special robotics hands-on learning method.
Volunteers will come to the Vinci classroom to meet with special needs students and work with them in small groups to learn robotics. The group is usually one volunteer to one or two special needs students.
The volunteer is recommended to bring a computer to the group meeting as a programming and demo tool.
Require High school students or college students.
Must be very patient with special needs students.
Must have solid communication skills.
Prefer to have some robotics experience, like LEGO or others.
Prefer to know some basic coding knowledge.
Prefer to commit for the whole school semester.
Please email us that you are interested in learning more and/or would like to apply to become a volunteer. Let us know you learned about this opportunity through PGK.
- Email us!
- We will do a quick interview with the prospective volunteer to explain how the program works.
- If the volunteer is qualified and interested, we will provide robotics teaching training.
- After training, volunteers will start to work with the students.
- They are strongly asked to commit to every Saturday morning from 10 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Volunteers will come to Vinci classroom to meet with special-needs students and work with them in small groups to learn robotics.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve helped out with a couple classes.