At your home OR in your neighborhood, school, or other community location
All year long
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDDepending on the age of the volunteer, mom, dad or other grown-up's help may be required
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Kids in foster care often times have to carry their belongings in a trash bag as they move between homes. You can help make their transitions a little easier by providing them with sweet cases decorated and lovingly filled with comforting items every kid should have.
Create and decorate duffle bags for children entering foster care that include a teddy bear, blanket, hygiene kit, crayons, and a coloring book and help make their transition to a new home a little easier.
1. Teddy bear(s)
2. Fleece blanket(s)
3. Hygiene kit(s), including tooth brush, dental floss and small hour glass shaped timer
5. Coloring book(s)
6. Duffle bag(s) (provided by Together We Rise)
Suggested minimum age of 6
1. Contact Gianna to organize a Sweet Cases Day at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are decorating and stuffing sweet cases for foster children in your local area, you will need to request our special duffle bags. Our staff can work with you to help identify an organization or agency in your area working with foster youth to which you can donate the sweet cases once completed OR you can return them to our headquarters in the Brea, CA and we will distribute them to one of our many partners.
2. Shop for and/or collect the following items to go in each sweet case (duffle bag): teddy bear, fleece blanket, hygiene kit, crayons, coloring book. PLEASE NOTE ALL ITEMS SHOULD BE NEW.
3. Once you receive our duffle bags, decorate each one to make it look and feel extra special for the child who will receive it. Be sure to put one item of each (in the list above) in each sweet case (duffle bag).
4. Once your sweet cases are completed, deliver your special creations to the organization or agency established in step #1.
NOTE: TOGETHER WE RISE WILL GLADLY ACCEPT DONATIONS OF ANY OF THE ITEMS USED IN OUR SWEET CASES. (ALL ITEMS SHOULD BE NEW.) IF YOU PREFER TO MODIFY THIS ACTIVITY TO INCLUDE ONLY A DONATION DRIVE FOR ABOVE LISTED ITEMS, SIMPLY DROP OFF OR MAIL YOUR DONATIONS UPON COMPLETION OF YOUR DRIVE TO:
Together We Rise
580 W Lambert Rd., #A
Brea, CA 92821