In your community - at your school, camp, place of worship, a local business, in your neighborhood, or any other location of your choosing.
Folks who live around Southern California are invited to coordinate a time to drop off donations in-person at our Skid Row Learning Center located at 600 E. 7th St., Los Angeles, CA 90021.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Class, troop, or other group of like-minded kids (some adult involvement may be required to help with planning).
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
School on Wheels helps homeless children succeed in school. A new backpack stuffed with new school supplies is very important and special to kids who have very little. All kids like to have new things for the start of school, and homeless children are no different. By hosting a school supply drive, you will help kids living in traumatic situations feel excited about starting a new school year and give them the tools they need to succeed.
Kids experiencing homelessness often don't have new backpacks or school supplies to start off a new school year. You can organize a school supply drive and School on Wheels will make sure your donations are distributed to students living in shelters and group foster homes around Los Angeles who need them. With your help, they can get their new school year off to a good start!
Your school supply drive can be in-person or virtual. Our website has downloadable posters for in-person drives, and setting up a virtual supply drive on Roonga.com takes only five minutes.
Decide when to hold your supply drive and follow the instructions provided. For School on Wheel's current needs, visit our website. Then, see VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for details.
Questions about logistics? Please email email@example.com.
Doing this activity for Create the Change®? Don't forget to register your activity to be eligible for the Create the Change® raffle and more!
To run a virtual supply drive, follow these instructions:
- Share our Amazon Wish List link tinyurl.com/SOWWish22 with your family and friends.
- Tell them why you think they should give to School on Wheels! You can write a post, send an email or text message, or create a video, poster, or flyer to spread the word.
- Remember to tag @SchoolOnWheels so we can share your awesome act of kindness with others!
To run an in-person supply drive, please follow these instructions:
- Choose a location. Ask an adult for permission to put a drop-off box there.
- Label your donation box using one of our downloadable posters, and leave the donation at the site.
- Optional: Tell your friends and family about your supply drive by posting on social media or sending them an email or message.
- When your supply drive is over, send an email to supplies[at]schoolonwheels
.org to schedule an in-person drop-off. Or, if you prefer, please mail them to our Skid Row Learning Center at 600 E. 7th Street, Suite 109, Los Angeles, CA 90021.