You choose the place: in your neighborhood, at school, local business or place of worship
All year round
WHO NEEDS TO HELPA little help from someone who can drive to drop off supplies at the end
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Heaven on Earty Society helps care for hundreds of homeless cats every year. By helping collect items for the cats and kittens we serve, you will help make sure these animals receive the care they need and will help us serve even more feline friends.
It takes hundreds of pounds of food and supplies to feed and care for the many cats and kittens served by Heaven on Earth Society each year. We are always in need of the items on our wish list. You can help by asking those in your community to pick up an extra item or two on their next visit to the store.
1. Collection boxes and materials to decorate them
2. Posters or flyers to let people know about your collection
Get started with a drive using the steps outlined here. If you have any questions, contact Rose Tucci, Development Assistant, at email@example.com.
1. Decide on a time frame for collecting donations and a place to do so. We suggest running your drive for a couple of weeks. You may want to consider hosting your drive at your school, place of worship, local businss or in your neighborhood. (Be sure to get permission from the necessary adults involved.)
2. Decorate collection boxes to be displayed.
3. Create flyers on a computer or decorate posters announcing the collection. You should include the items you hope to collect. Get a list of such items from our Amazon Wish List or check out the list below. You can also use social media and email to help promote your drive.
4. Wait for items to start rolling in. (You may want to collect the items from the collection boxes from time and time and move them to your house or another storage location during the course of the drive.)
5. When your drive is over, schedule a time to drop off all the collected materials by contacting Rose Tucci, Development Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to conduct a virtual drive using our Amazon Wish List, you can have items shipped directly to us (address is on file).
Virtual Drive Option:
If you want to run a collection drive from the comfort of your home (maybe in lieu of birthday presents or at holiday time), you can do so using our Amazon Wish List. All you may need is some help to get the email addresses of those you would like to send the announcement to. You may also want to consider using social media. In your messages, explain how friends and families' support will make a difference and let them know the time frame for your drive. Be sure to also include the link to our Amazon Wish List. The rest will be taken care of by Amazon.
Possible Drive Items:
- Cat carriers, in good condition
- Natural Balance dry cat food (Ultra variety preferred)
- Canned cat food (any variety)
- Clay cat litter
- Kitten food (any variety, Royal Canin preferred)
- Gift certificates to pet supply stores
- Amazon gift cards
- Cat furniture (uncarpeted or washable)
- Cat treats
- Towels and small blankets (washable fleece preferred)