In your home or in your community.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Kids participating in Doc Wayne often need support in coping with their emotions. "Stress Less" bags can provide kids with the perfect tools to make them feel more at ease and ability to participate!
Create a bag full of fun gadgets and toys that provide stress coping skills for Doc Wayne students.
- A bag (gym bag, cinch bag, etc.) new or gently-used.
- Gadgets and toys that help kids feel calm. Examples might include play dough, bouncy balls, fidget toys, crayons and a coloring book, small (new) stuffed animal, and/or a stress ball. Other ideas can be found here and here.
- If mailing to Doc Wayne, you will need a box
Items need to be new or like new.
Decide if you want to make this a group project or do on your own with the help of friends, family and community members providing the bag(s) and stress-relieving items. See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS for details.
- To get started, find a bag (gym bag, cinch bag, etc.)
- Fill the bag with gadgets and toys that help kids feel calm. Examples might include play dough, bouncy balls, fidget toys, crayons and a coloring book, or a stress ball.
- Write an inspiring note or include an inspirational quote.
- If this project involves others, be sure to leave a collection bin and communicate the details of your donation drive (location, timeframe, items, etc).
- Use Flyers, email and social media to support your collection.
- Send it to us at Doc Wayne Youth Services, C/O Anna Folta, 418 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215 or email us to arrange a time to deliver!
- Be sure to let Doc Wayne know you learned of this volunteer opportunity through Project Giving Kids.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.