In the gym or on the outdoor field of our facility located at 276 Church Street Newton, MA 02458.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
- Minimum age of 16 (those under the age of 16 MUST have a parent present, parent must also undergo CORI/SORI background checks).
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
When you volunteer at the West Suburban YMCA, you take an active role in bringing about important change right in your own community.
Each of our volunteers helps move people and communities forward, delivering the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence and sense of security to all who seek it.
Help us to nurture the potential of kids, improve the community’s health and well-being and support your neighbors.
Provides leadership, instruction and motivation for students in sports classes as an volunteer coach or assistant for basketball or soccer activities within the sports department.
- Complete Volunteer Application Form.
- Complete CORI (paper) and OneSource Background Check (online).
- Complete required online training.
- Preferred commitment of 1-3 hours a weekend (1-3 games) for a 8 week period.
- Please allow 1-2 weeks prior to start date for paperwork, background checks and online trainings to get completed.
Next steps to get started are to complete the application and send to Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out application (located on WSY website).
- Send in application to Emily Flynn at email@example.com. Be sure to let her know you found the opportunity on PGK!
- Once reviewed, Emily will reach out via email with instructions to complete CORI for and One Source Background check and online training.
- Typically takes 1-3 days for application to be reviewed.
- After forms are completed, background checks are cleared (1-2 weeks) and online training to be completed with or without parent (as appropriate).
- Once approved, Emily will connect volunteer with department director to set up training and volunteer shifts.