At our family shelter in Northridge
All year long
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Mom, Dad or other grown-up depending on the activity and the age of kid volunteers
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
By spending time doing activities with our guests, you help them build positive relationships and make good choices about the way they spend their free time.
Volunteers play a big role in providing special, fun activities for our family shelter guests. Bring your favorite crafts, sports, games, and brain power to the shelter and bring a smile to the faces of the kids who are staying here. Help build positive relationships with our guests through homework help and fun activities.
1. Supplies for whatever activity or craft you have selected to do at the shelter
2. Yourself (that's the most important part!)
Maximum number of volunteers in a group is 10 (including children and parents), and children 16 years old and younger must be accompanied by adults. (Children under the age of 16 are not allowed in the kitchen per safety code.)
Contact the SFVRM Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or (818) 785-4476 for more information or to sign up. Please note that all volunteer hours must be scheduled in advance, and volunteers must attend an open house prior to beginning service.
1. Think about the kind of 1-2 hour activity you might like to do with the kids at our family shelter.
2. With that in mind, contact the SFVRM Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 785-4476 to discuss your idea and set up a time for your visit. (Please see the "Special Requirements" and "Next Steps" sections for additional details.)
3. On the agreed upon date/time, visit our family shelter in Northridge with your family/friends with all necessary supplies needed to execute your project.
4. Have fun making a difference in the lives of other kids!