San Francisco Campus for Jewish Living
302 Silver Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94112
Ongoing activity throughout the year.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Mom, Dad or other grown-up (some adult facilitation/involvement required if under age 14).
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Society often overlooks adults as they age. Your involvement helps prevent isolation and reminds older adults that they are still valued and brings joy and purpose to their lives!
Operated by a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, we serve a significant number of patients and residents each year in our Jewish Home & Rehab Center, located on the nine-acre San Francisco Campus for Jewish Living. Non-residential care is offered through our short-term and rehabilitation services unit for patients who require geriatric-specialized, interdisciplinary rehabilitation to recover from surgery or an acute illness, and through our acute geriatric psychiatry hospital.
Design a special project using your individual interests and skills, such as leading a discussion group, entertaining residents with your musical abilities, or knitting with a resident. You may also assist with a SFCJL special event like our annual golf tournament fundraiser.
*Note: We ask that you commit to 40 hours of volunteer service per year.
Good communication and leadership skills, interest in aiding and working with seniors, and any special skill or talent, such as ability to play musical instrument.
Children under the age of 14 may need supervision. Please note all volunteers must complete an orientation/training and are required to take a Tuberculosis Test (as we are a skilled nursing facility).
Visit our website at https://sfcjl.org/ and fill out the under 18 online volunteer application. Contact the Director of Volunteer Services, Key Shade, at 415-469-2229 or email@example.com for questions or to schedule an orientation/training. Volunteers under 14 need to be accompanied by an adult.
See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS for details!
1. Decide if you have reliable transportation and time to help enhance the lives of a seniors. If so, talk to your parents about getting involved with the San Francisco Campus of Jewish Living.
2. Complete our online volunteer application.
3. You will be contacted once your application has been reviewed to discuss our required orientation/training.
4. Attend required orientation/training. Take required TB test.
5. Once approved as a volunteer, contact the Director of Volunteer Services, Key Shade.
6. Schedule an initial visit facilitated by the Director of Volunteer Services.
7. Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer opportunity through PGK!
8. Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.