To support those seeking food assistance, we have opened a number of Pop-Up Pantries throughout San Francisco and Marin.
The length of your shift may vary from week-to-week depending upon participant attendance and other factors. Pantries will take place rain or shine.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
In order to provide the best experience for each participant, the Food Bank is seeking volunteers fluent in Cantonese,Spanish, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Mandarin, Korean, and Russian to help be the go-between for our staff and monolingual participants. Volunteers may manage the line, check people in, or help with other tasks where clear communication is important.
Please note that when language assistance is not needed, volunteers may be asked to assemble grocery bags.
- Volunteers MUST be 15 years or older
- Effective July 21, masks are required indoors, optional outdoors, and always recommended-more info here.
- Wear close toed shoes
- We will be outside, please wear comfortable clothing (we recommend layers, a hat, and sunscreen due to the ever-changing weather conditions)
- Be aware there will not be a place to store personal belongings, please do not bring valuables
- Please bring a secure lidded water bottle and a snack
- Volunteers must wear gloves at all times (provided by the food bank)
- We ask that any volunteer who does not feel well refrain from attending their volunteer shift
Language Assistance opportunities are private. To gain access, first join the corresponding User Groups found here:
Then click on VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for more information.
- Once you have joined a user group, you will be able to view the corresponding Language Assistance volunteer opportunities.
You can find all Language Assistance opportunities here:
- For safety reasons, only volunteers who have reserved a space may volunteer. Walk-ins will not be permitted. Please read these?guidelines for serving at a Pop-Up Pantry.
- The length of distribution is dependent upon attendance and participant numbers may change from week to week. Opportunities will take place outdoors, most often on the sidewalk or a parking lot. Language assistance shifts are scheduled for the entire duration of the pantry – please feel free to sign up even if you are unable to stay for the whole shift.
- Please let us know you learned about this opportunity through PGK.
- After your shift(s), please complete this Volunteer Impact Form.