Cambridgeport Baptist Church
459 Putnam Avenue
Cambrige, MA 02139
First and third Saturdays of every month (except major holidays).
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Mom, dad or other grown-up if under age 18.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Without volunteers, we would not be able to run the Food Pantry. It takes 15-20 volunteers each Saturday we are open to help us sort and distribute the food to clients who would otherwise be at risk for not having enough food to eat.
Join us to sort and count cans, dry goods, fruits & vegetables and more. Once the food has been sorted into bins, help clients select the foods they need throughout the Pantry.
Close-toed shoes and the ability to count/sort items.
Children must be at least 8 years old to volunteer at the pantry, and those under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Contact Amy Pritchard, Pantry Coordinator, at email@example.com to schedule a Saturday to help. You can also register to volunteer at: meetup.com/BostonVolunteer/. Children must be at least 8 years old to volunteer at the pantry, and those under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for details.
2. According to instructions provided by Pantry coordinators, sort donated/purchased food into the different food groups and bins provided.
3. Count the contents of each bin (so that coordinators can figure out how many items each client can take).
4. Once all the food is counted, you will be paired (along with a grown-up, if under age 18) with a client. Assist the client in selecting the right number of items (according to the limits set by the coordinators) based on what he or she needs for the week.
5. Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer opportunity through PGK!
6. Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.