2937 Alvarado St, San Leandro, CA, 94577
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Many of our recipient hospitals and clinics are actively treating COVID-19 patients or have had their supply chains severely impacted by the pandemic. We need volunteers to help us distribute much needed medical supplies during this critical time.
MedShare collects surplus medical supplies from local hospitals and distributes them to hospitals in developing countries as well as Bay Area free clinics that treat low income and uninsured members of our community.
Volunteers improve the quality of life of people and our planet by helping to sort, identify, and package critical medical supplies that will be distributed to these communities in need around the world.
All youth under 18 are required to bring a signed parent permission form to their first volunteer session.
Our minimum volunteer age is 10. Volunteers age 10 - 13 are required to volunteer with a parent/guardian. Volunteers age 14 or older may volunteer without a parent/guardian.
Please visit our website to see our calendar of dates and sign-up for a session! See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for details.
- To sign-up for a volunteer session: Go to https://www.medshare.org/volunteer-san-leandro/
- Click on “Sorting medical supplies to improve global health” to view the schedule of available sessions.
- After clicking on the session you want to sign-up for, you will be prompted to enter your email address and first name to create a volunteer account and complete the sign-up process.
- Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer opportunity through PGK!
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.