This is a virtual opportunity; you can send care packages to deployed women from home (or anywhere)!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Most service members enjoy hearing their name called during mail call, to learn that a card, letter or package from home has been mailed out for them. A great way to express this impact - a quote from a recipient: "I have been receiving the most wonderful packages for over a month now from Soldiers' Angels and I just wanna say that it truly is a blessing to open the cards and the letters and all of the boxes. I love the letters. They make me soo happy. I even got birthday cards for my 19th b-day in the mail! It almost brought me to tears." Your packages may be the much-needed bright spot in a soldier's day!
Send female-oriented care packages to deployed female Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines or Guardsmen! Bring a piece of home to someone far away from their family and friends.
1. Basic and female-oriented goodies for the care package
2. Optional - Pen or Pencil and Paper to write a message (or notes can be typed and printed out on a computer)
3. Shipping Box
5. Shipping Label/First class postage
Any age child may participate with Soldiers' Angels Deployed Adoptions Team, but we ask that an adult over the age of 18 register and work with the child. The Ladies of Liberty Team is an all-female volunteer group. We ask that once matched as an Angel, you send one care package a month.
Register here (http://soldiersangels.org/join-soldiers-angels.html) as a Team Angel or feel free to contact our Director of Volunteer Services, Susie Turner, at email@example.com or by phone (210) 245-9885 to get started.
1. Register as a Team Angel through the Soldiers' Angels website: www.soldiersangels.org. If a minor, a parent or guardian will need to do so. (Registration is done through the red volunteer button on the website.)
2. During the registration process, parent/guardian is asked to set up a recurring donation of at least $1 a month. (This is used to defray the cost of our system used to track volunteers and their activities.)
3. After the registration is approved, log-in and request to receive the name and address of a deployed service member.
4. Once you obtain a name and address, fill your care package with goodies and supplies for a woman's unique health and hygiene needs.
5. Prepare the package with the name and address, as provided.
6. Mail the package.
7. Report your great work! There is a place to report, listed with name and address information. (You are asked to report the number of packages, the amount of time given to package fulfillment and the cost.)
8. If interested in bringing a smile to another female soldier, pick up another person/name to write and send care packages to!