In your home, in your community, in your school, in your place of worship, with your team, with your troop, with your cast, with your club.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Socks are in style year-round. But October is extra special! Socktober is a time for reaching out to those in need starting from the feet up! One of the most requested items at homeless shelters is, you guessed it, socks! Who knew such a small thing could make a huge difference? And with winter and the holidays coming, it's especially important for us to do what we can to keep hearts and feet warm.
Host a sock drive! Launched in 2011 by Brad Montague, Socktober has grown from a regional clothing drive into a worldwide phenomenon, with people from every state and all 7 continents now donating socks each year.
ALL SOCKS MUST BE BRAND NEW!
One of the best ways to help us this Socktober is to talk about it. Share #Socktober posts on your social. Organize a sock drive. Start a Socktober fundraising jar for people to help donate change. Any way you can share information to others helps raise awareness.
- Decide which organization or shelter to donate socks. Contact the shelter to confirm the need and steps to deliver or mail. PGK proudly recommends our nonprofit shelters on our our site, but you can find a place near you HERE.
- Publicize your drive, use social media tag #Socktober and your shelter.
- Please let the shelter know you were inspired by PGK to do this act of kindness.
- Set up bin, bag or box for collection.
- Arrange for the shipment or delivery of your socks.