Our stables at 40 Baker Bridge Rd, Lincoln, MA.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Lovelane relies on over 130 volunteers weekly to assist with therapeutic riding session and the maintenance and operation of the riding facilities. Volunteers are essential at Lovelane!
A side walker is one of the most important volunteer positions at Lovelane. Side walkers are required to assist with the lesson by standing, walking and running next to the horse, and supporting the child as per the instructor’s directions. A side walker’s primary role is to support the student as needed.
- To be aware of the rider at all times and assist in keeping them safe during the lesson
- To follow the instructor’s directions for support and encouragement to the rider
- To honor you volunteer commitment when scheduled for a shift or a semester
- To call the cancellation line as far in advance as possible when you need to cancel your shift
- Cell phone use is not permitted during your shift
- Inappropriate language or behavior is not tolerated
- Appropriate attire must be worn (no short shorts, or cleavage shown)
- Must be able to follow directions of the instructor
- Must be able to work independently as needed
- Must feel comfortable with asking questions to supervisors
- Must have own transportation
- Must be 15 years old or over
- Must be able to work appropriately in a social setting
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds as needed
- Must feel comfortable working around kids and horses
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Must be able to walk and run along side the horse (in footing) for periods of time – up to 4 hours total
- Must be able to lift arms up and out to the side for short periods of time
- Must be able to physically assist 1-4 hours
Please visit our website for more information and to read and complete the volunteer forms. Scroll down and click on "VIEW INSTRUCTIONS" for detailed next steps.
- If you are interested in volunteering please fill out the Volunteer Registration Form.
- Please schedule a a time to meet with Lisa Williams at email@example.com or 781-259-1177 ext. 26.
- Be sure to let them know that you found this opportunity on PGK's website!
- Fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.