From the comfort of your own home!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
These bags can be completed by a child, teen, family, class, Scout Troop, or any other group of kids. Some adult assistance may be needed for young kids or first-time sewers.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Sewing gift bags is a fun, hands-on volunteer project for an individual or group of children or adults. The time, love and effort you put into these bags make a big difference to the children we serve - and to their families. The hand-sewn, personalized bags lets them know someone in their community cares.
Each pair of shoes and clothing gift card My New Red Shoes provides is packaged in a hand-sewn bag or pillowcase personalized by the volunteer who made it. We will need thousands of bags each year, so we'd love your help!
1. Fabric/Thread- please use 100% cotton or cotton-poly blends in any youthful print or solid.
2. Sewing Machine
4. "Made with Love" iron-on labels (email us for labels)
Contact My New Red Shoes (email@example.com) to request our iron-on "Made With Love" labels. See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS for details!
1. Decide how many bags you'd like to sew.
2. Request "Made With Love" iron-on labels by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Purchase or collect the fabric (cotton or poly-cotton blends in youth friendly colors or patterns work best).
5. Sew the bags using a sewing machine. Don't forget to add your name to each bag using our iron-on labels!
5. Mail or drop off completed bags - My New Red Shoes - 330 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 135 | Redwood City, CA 94065.
6. Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer opportunity through PGK by including a packaging slip!
7. Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.