From the comfort of your own home!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
These bags can be completed by an child, teen, family, class, Scout Troop, or any other group of kids. Some adult assistance may be needed for young kids or first-time sewers.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Sewing gift bags is a fun, hands-on volunteer project for an individual or group of children or adults. The time, love and effort you put into these bags make a big difference to the children we serve - and to their families. The hand-sewn, personalized bags lets them know someone in their community cares.
Each pair of shoes and clothing gift card My New Red Shoes provides is packaged in a hand-sewn bag or pillowcase personalized by the volunteer who made it. We will need thousands of bags each year, so we'd love your help!
1. Fabric/Thread- please use 100% cotton or cotton-poly blends in any youthful print or solid.
2. Sewing Machine
Contact My New Red Shoes (email@example.com) to request our iron-on "Made With Love" labels.
1. Decide how many bags you'd like to sew.
2. Request "Made With Love" iron-on labels by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Purchase or collect the fabric (cotton or poly-cotton blends in youth friendly colors or patterns work best).
5. Sew the bags using a sewing machine. Don't forget to add your name to each bag using our iron-on labels!
5. Mail or drop off completed bags - My New Red Shoes - 330 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 135 | Redwood City, CA 94065.