WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDNone
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Our Food Services department relies on the help of 16-30 volunteers every day to be able to provide the meals our guests need.
Every day of the year, St. Francis House serves an average of 650 meals to our poor and homeless guests. We rely on volunteers to prepare and serve meals 7 days a week!
Volunteer shifts are:
Monday through Friday: 7-9am, 9-11am, and 11am-1:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 7-9am, 9am-1:30pm
Tasks may include:
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Chopping food items (must be 17+ or have written permission from a guardian to use a knife)
- Cooking and baking
- Serving meals on the food line
- Helping in the dishwashing room
- Assisting guests in the dining room
Volunteers must be at least 17 years old in order to volunteer on-site.
There are two steps to registering as a volunteer:
- Complete a volunteer application on our website here.
- Once your application is approved, you will be invited to attend a volunteer orientation. Orientations are held twice each month and rotate between weekdays, weeknight, and weekends from September-May and weekdays and weeknights from June-August.