- 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. – serve breakfast
- 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. – prepare, serve, and clean up lunch
- 7 to 9 a.m. – serve breakfast
- 9 to 11 a.m. – prepare lunch
- 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. – serve lunch
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Volunteers must be 17 or older.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Our Food Services department relies on the help of 16-30 volunteers every day to be able to provide the meals our guests need.
Every day of the year, St. Francis House serves an average of 650 meals to our poor and homeless guests. We rely on volunteers to prepare and serve meals 7 days a week!
Per COVID-19 precautions, face masks are required inside the building.
Volunteers must be at least 17 years old in order to volunteer on-site.
There are two steps to registering as a volunteer:
- Complete a volunteer application on our website here. Be sure to let them know you learned about this opportunity through PGK!
- Once your application is approved, you will be invited to attend a volunteer orientation. Orientations are held twice each month and rotate between weekdays, weeknight, and weekends from September-May and weekdays and weeknights from June-August.
See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for more details.
1. Register as a volunteer with St. Francis House by filling out the volunteer application and attending a volunteer orientation.
2. Login in to VolunteerNet to sign up for current opportunities.
3. Arrive on your scheduled day and time. Be prepared to complete a variety of tasks. Tasks may include:
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Chopping food items (must be 17+ or have written permission from a guardian to use a knife)
- Cooking and baking
- Serving meals on the food line
- Helping in the dishwashing room
- Assisting guests in the dining room
4. Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer opportunity through PGK!
5. Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.