Pick-up: Prince of Peace West Valley Food Bamk: 5700 Rudnick Ave, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Drop-off: Winnetka Village Apartments: 20750 Sherman Way, Winnetka, CA 91306
2nd Friday of every month from 9am-12pm
WHO NEEDS TO HELPMom, Dad or other grown-up (some adult facilitation/involvement required, if under 16)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Seniors that live at Winnetka Village Apartments have a very low income, or no income, and need as much support with groceries as possible. Thankfully, community partners like Prince of Peace's West Valley Food Bank can provide our tenants with food. However, many of our seniors do not have the capacity to drive to the Food Bank and load their groceries. By helping transport these groceries, you are ensuring that seniors have enough food for the month.
Support previously homeless seniors in the San Fernando Valley by insuring they have monthly grocery support! PATH Ventures' permanent supportive housing site, Winnetka Village Apartments, has 95 units for previously homeless seniors, with 62 of them reserved for seniors with special needs. Most of these seniors are extremely low income and need extra support with food throughout the month. Prince of Peaces West Valley Food Bank offers our residents groceries. However, we need your help transporting the groceries to Winnetka Village Apartments! Volunteers pick up groceries on behalf of residents at the West Valley Food Bank and bring them over to our residents at Winnetka Village Apartments. Volunteer shifts are on the 2nd Friday of the month from 9am-12pm!
1. Valid Drivers License
2. Reliable transportation, including active insurance policy on car being used
3. Completed Volunteer Packet, including background check & TB test
For questions or for more information, please contact Carley Berkowitz, PATH Development Associate, at (323) 644-2238 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Determine if you/your family has the time and transportation to assist with the delivery of groceries for low-income seniors once a month.
2. Contact Carley Berkowitz, PATH Development Associate, at (323) 644-2238 or email@example.com if you think you may be able to assist.
3. With a parent or guardian (if under 16), drive to the West Valley Food Bank in Woodland Hills and pick up groceries on behalf of a PATH tenant on the second Friday of the month.
4. Drive to Winnetka Village Apartments and deliver grocery bags to tenants and case managers.
5. Know you have made a difference in the life of a senior in your community!