DURATION1-2 hours (or more)
Varies by project (but all occur in and around Los Angeles)
Next up (May 19, 2018):
Marvin Avenue Elementary School
2411 S. Marvin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90016
Next Up: Marvin Avenue Elementary School on Saturday, May 19, 2018, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDDepending on the age, mom, dad or another grown-up's help may be necessary
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Children deserve clean, inspirational learning environments to grow and develop to their full potential. The time you spend helping us with this project will help provide all kids with a safe and supportive learning environment where they can achieve their highest potential. You are changing the world, one school, and one child at a time.
Help us to make the world better, one child at a time. Join us in bringing love, life and color to elementary schools in and around Los Angeles by painting murals of positive affirmations, landscaping, and updating teachers' lounges and auditoriums in schools that could use some sprucing up!
1. Clothes you don’t mind getting paint on
2. Comfortable shoes
3. Work gloves (and an apron, if desired)
4. And of course, your JOY of giving back!
Kids of all ages are welcome to join us. Parental supervision is required.
You can register to volunteer here for our 2018 beautification project on Saturday, May 19, 2018 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m at Marvin Avenue Elementary School at 2411 Marvin Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90016. For questions or more information, please email email@example.com.
1. Register to volunteer for our next school beautification project here. Please note, you do not have to stay for the entire day. We welcome you to join us for whatever timeframe works best for you.
2. On the day of the event, check in at the front of the school and inform the coordinators of what you would enjoy doing (painting, gardening, cleaning, decorating the teachers' lounge, helping in the auditorium, or volunteering in the Kid Zone).
3. Locate a LEADER at one of these locations for step-by-step instructions. (LEADERS will be wearing bright colored T-shirt with LEADER written on the back of the shirt.)
4. Have fun making a difference and knowing you are helping bring color, life and love to a school full of children!