We work with volunteers in the parks from Cambridge to Watertown Square. Location and projects vary based on maintenance needs, time of year, and size of group.
Volunteer days typically take place on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. View our available 2022 dates. You may also contact Sasha at email@example.com to request additional dates and times that work best for your company or group.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDGroup
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Since 2002, more than 34,500 Conservancy Volunteers have contributed over $2.3 million of donated labor to improve the health, safety, and beauty of the Charles River parks. We are grateful!
Each year, the Conservancy works with approximately 2,000 volunteers to perform vital park maintenance work and ensure permanent improvements in the parks. Volunteer events are a great way to get outside, learn more about the river, have fun working with friends, coworkers, and neighbors, and help restore the centerpiece of Greater Boston’s urban park system. Projects may include:
- Invasive plant removal
- Bench, fencing, and picnic table painting
- Planting and maintaining garden beds
- Fall bulb planting
- Raking leaves
- Removing litter and debris
Event Safety Protocols:
- All volunteers will be required to wear a facemask.
- All equipment, tools, and materials will be disinfected before and after use in accordance with CDC guidelines. Furthermore, participants should not share equipment, tools, or other materials. A list of tools will be provided prior to the event for participants who prefer to bring tools from home.
- Alcohol-based sanitizer will be available for participants to use.
- Participants must adhere to social distancing guidelines and remain at least six feet away from others.
- Food and drinks should be brought from participants’ homes and not shared with individuals outside of one’s household.
To schedule a community service work day for your group or business, contact CRC Volunteer Program Manager Sasha Vallieres at firstname.lastname@example.org. Events book quickly, especially in the spring and fall, so please reach out at least one month before you would like to schedule an event.