Volunteers come to Community Servings at 179 Amory St. in Jamaica Plain at 9:00 am on their scheduled Saturday and pick up their bags and route.
Volunteers deliver meals to the specified addresses and then return any undelivered food to Community Servings. Volunteers usually have between 5-8 stops. All stops are within the Greater Boston area.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
At Community Servings, we believe in the power of food to heal and bring hope to our clients who are critically and chonically ill. These folks cannot get to the store or cannot prepare food for themselves or their families. That is where you come in! We need volunteers and their families to help deliver a week's worth of food to our clients. You are not only preventing them from going hungry, and bringing them delicious food, you are showing that they are not forgotten and that they are important to society.
Do you like brightening someone's week? Help us deliver meals to our community members who are suffering from illness. You will deliver to them a week's worth of delicious food and snacks that they can enjoy all week long. Our clients cannot physically get food or provide meals for their families, so we provide them with comforting meals. You and your family can do this activity together.
1. Parent or guardian willing to drive a vehicle for deliveries
2. CORI background check/form for the volunteer and the parent/guardian
Must have a family member to drive the vehicle.
Talk as a family to figure out if you can make Saturday deliveries and follow the instructions provided. If you have any questions, please call Nate Ross at 617-522-7777 X228 or email at email@example.com. Must have a family member to drive the vehicle.
1. Identify a family member who can drive the car needed to make Saturday deliveries.
2. Volunteers (parents/guardians) must submit a CORI form which we will provide. If the CORI is passed, we will set you up with your Saturday and routes.
3. Begin your route on your designated Saturday of each month and know you are making a big difference in the lives of the hungry and homebound!