New Life's Donation Center at 102 Elm Street in Walpole, MA
Every Saturday morning (with the exception of major holidays) between the hours of 8:30-12:00.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Volunteers must be 14 years of age and older to work in our Donation Center on Saturday mornings. Parental permission is required. 14 & 15 year olds must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. We love having teens and parents/guardians volunteering together!
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
In October 2018, New Life celebrated its five-year anniversary. In that time we have served more than 2200 clients and provided not just furniture but helped to create a stable environment for our clients to call home. All of this has been made possible by the 800 volunteers who contributed their time and energy to receive and process furniture donations among other things.
We accept donations of gently used furniture and household items on Saturday mornings. Volunteers accept donations dropped off by donors, inspect, clean and move within the Donation Center. Not all roles require lifting furniture.
Furniture movers are also needed to unload furniture and other household items from donor vehicles and move furniture within the Donation Center as well as helping to load client's furniture into their vehicles. May need to lift furniture with partners weighing up to 50lbs.
Teens under the age of 18 will need a parental waiver signed. Teens can bring the signed waiver with them to their first session.
Volunteers should dress for working in a warehouse environment and if you have chosen to work as a furniture movers it would be helpful to have work gloves.
Volunteers must be 14 years of age to work in the Donation Center on Saturday mornings and must be accompanied by an adult.
Visit our website to see more about the activities that are available on Saturday mornings.
See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS for details.
- Visit our website and decide which opportunity will work best for you.
- Select "Sign Up Now" to view specific activities and sign up. (Note: If under the age of 16, you must be accompanied by an adult. Your parent/guardian must also sign-up.)
- Be sure to wear weather appropriate clothing that you don't mind getting dirty and closed-toed shoes.
- Let us know that you found this volunteer opportunity through PGK!
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.