DURATIONMore than 4 hours
YMCA Camp Frank A Day is located on the shores of Lake Quacumquasit.
125 S Pond Road
East Brookfield, MA 01515
LENGTH OF TIME: Because of COVID regulations, volunteers and staff will be required to live on camp for the whole session.
- Commitment of one and a half weeks of pre-camp training in June
- Commitment to all sessions (6 weeks) of camp.
- Please allow 1-2 weeks prior to start date for paperwork, background checks, and online trainings to get completed.
- Start Time: June
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
You must be at least 17 years old to apply.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Camp Counselors work with us to help children grow to their potentials.
YMCA Camp Frank A. Day is a coed residential camp for boys and girls ages 7-16. The Junior Camp Counselor will assist the Camp Counselor and co-supervise and effectively co-lead a group of campers in daily camp activities.
- Hear noises and work in fast paced environment that requires patience, focus and diligence.
- Meet strength and lifting requirements of 25lbs.
- See and observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility.
- At least 17 years old
- Ability and experience in supervising children or in a Residential Summer Camp setting
- Desire and ability to live and work in a camp setting
- Good role model, high integrity, and adaptable
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Positive attitude and ability to build a cohesive team
- Preferred Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid, Emergency Oxygen and Lifeguard Training.
If you meet all the qualifications and are looking for a fun, rewarding counselor experience, please VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below.