DURATIONMore than 4 hours
You can host your collection at the location of your choosing, but the cards will need to be delivered to our office.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Our families are deeply in need of the basics. By collecting and donating gift cards, volunteers can make a tremendous impact in their lives and give them some peace of mind.
During the pandemic, our families have relied on us more than ever to help them with basic necessities. Although we try to provide a wide range of goods for our families, every family's needs are different and we can't always help them get everything they need. This is where you can help by collecting and donating Gift Cards for our families to earn.
If you were not aware, our program is built around the concept of "Learn & Earn". All of our families must first "learn" by participating in our weekly activities, lessons, and/or presentations. They then "earn" tickets that can be spent on items from our "Treasure Chest Store" or on gift cards. Occasionally, we will give them as prizes for outstanding participants.
Don't be intimidated by the idea of hosting a collection drive, it can be very simple. You just have to ask your classmates, religious group, colleagues, friends and/or family to help you collect gift cards.
Gift Card Ideas:
- Visa or Mastercard (by FAR the best as they can be used almost anywhere)
- Safeway or other major grocery stores
- JcPenney, Macy's or other major department stores
While our families appreciate all the support they can get, remember that it is best that the gift cards are as practical and versatile as possible.
Please contact us if you'd like more information on this volunteer opportunity.
Please follow the step-by-step guide, but contact us if you have any questions!
- See the required items/supplies list
- Email Sunday Friends your expected start and end date.
- Designate someone as the main collector.
- Spread the word! Contact those in your social circle (social media or word-of-mouth) and ask for their help and donations.
- Coordinate with us on a delivery date.
- Complete and submit a Donation Sheet at the end of the drive.