DURATIONMore than 4 hours
You can host your collection at the location of your choosing, but the goods will need to be delivered to our office.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Our families are deeply in need of the basics. By collecting and donating basic necessities, volunteers can make a tremendous impact in their lives and give them some peace of mind.
During the pandemic, our families have relied on us more than ever to help them with basic necessities. We need your help in stocking our shelves to make sure that our families can get what they need.
If you were not aware, our program is built around the concept of "Learn & Earn". All of our families must first "learn" by participating in our weekly activities, lessons, and/or presentations. They then "earn" tickets that can be spent on items from our "Treasure Chest Store".
Don't be intimidated by the idea of hosting a collection drive, it can be very simple. You just have to ask your classmates, religious group, colleagues, friends and/or family to help you collect basic necessities.
Basic Necessities (highest need):
- Diapers (size 1-6)
- Pull-Ups (size 2T-5T)
- Baby Wipes
- Toilet Paper (preferred in packs of 4 or individually wrapped)
- Household Disinfectant (bottles)
- Hand Soap (liquid or bar)
- Dish Soap
- Laundry Detergent (liquid, ~100 fl oz bottles preferred)
- Toothpaste/ Toothbrushes
- Feminine Pads
All items must be new and in their original packaging. Partially used items or unpackaged items will be thrown away. For instance, we will not give our families a tube of toothpaste that is not in its original sealed box.
Follow the step-by-step guide in VIEW INSTRUCTIONS to get started!
- Review the required items/supplies list.
- Email Sunday Friends your expected start and end date.
- Designate someone as the main collector.
- Spread the word! Contact those in your social circle (social media or word-of-mouth) and ask for their help and donations.
- Coordinate with us on a delivery date.
- Complete and submit a Donation Sheet at the end of the drive.
- Don't forget to include a PGK packaging slip as well, so that we know that you found this volunteer activity through PGK!
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.