San Francisco Campus for Jewish Living
302 Silver Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94112
Ongoing activity throughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
18 and older.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Society often overlooks adults as they age. Your involvement helps prevent isolation and reminds older adults that they are still valued and brings joy and purpose to their lives!
Each day, over 100 residents and patients make use of our rehabilitation program, where we offer physical, occupational, speech, and restorative therapies. Assist patients and residents with transport and gaiting. Volunteer shifts are Mondays through Fridays, 9:00-11:30 a.m., and 1:00-3:30 p.m.
Good communication skills and willingness to spend one-on-one and group time with seniors.
Volunteers must be 18 and older. Please note all volunteers must complete an orientation/training and are required to take a Tuburculosis Test (as we are a skilled nursing facility).
Visit our website at www.sfcjl.org and fill out our online volunteer application. Contact the Director of Volunteer Services, Key Shade, at 415-469-2229 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to schedule an orientation/training.
1. Decide if you have reliable transportation and time to help enhance the lives of a seniors. If so, talk to your parents about getting involved with the San Francisco Campus of Jewish Living.
2. Complete our online volunteer application.
3. You will be contacted once your application has been reviewed to discuss our required orientation/training.
4. Attend required orientation/training. Take required TB test.
5. Once approved as a volunteer, contact the Director of Volunteer Services, Key Shade.
6. Schedule an initial visit facilitated by the Director of Volunteer Services.