DURATIONLess than 30 Minutes
We welcome everyone, anywhere to sign up to be a guest reader for our Virtual Reading Parties!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Some help may be needed to record and/or upload a video of the reader to our file share. If a volunteer is under the age of 13, we ask that an adult or caregiver please be present in the video with them.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Virtual Reading Parties allow our community to stay connected and engaged through these isolating times. Our hope is that these readings offer some structure and comfort to children, parents, and families and remind everyone of the importance of a bedtime routine.
Pajama Program continues to spark the imagination of children everywhere and bring people together by hosting Virtual Reading Parties online. Kicking off on March 20, 2020 in honor of World Storytelling Day, Pajama Program began hosting daily Virtual Reading Parties of some of our favorite stories across our social channels to help children connect over a story and continue a bedtime routine during these uncertain times.
Every video we receive gets uploaded to our "Virtual Community Bookshelf" which is a private site only accessible to our Community Partners so that the children under their care can hear a comforting bedtime story whenever they'd like!
An appropriate children's picture book (ages 3-7) that can be read in under 15 minutes, a recording device (phone or camera), possibly a computer to upload the video if it cannot be done via phone for any reason.
Email email@example.com if you are interested in being featured as a guest reader. See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for details!
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be featured as a guest reader.
- Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer opportunity through PGK!
- You will receive more information and instructions on how to record and submit a video of yourself reading.
- Record a video of yourself reading (have fun with it!)
- Upload your recording to the provided file share link.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.