Home, School, Scouts Troops event, Religious venue, Birthday parties......or, ANYWHERE!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Adult/teacher assistance will be needed for younger children.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
By creating and donating snack kits, you are offering meal supplementation to unhoused individuals on days they do not have access to freshly prepared meals.
Assemble high-protein snack kits that will be distributed by Austin Humanists at Work during their scheduled meal service times each week.
High need items for snack kits:
-tuna and chicken packets or cans with pull tabs
-nuts/trail mix, nut bars, protein bars
-fruit cups, dried fruit
-peanut butter and crackers
- Host a snack drive!
- Decide which items you would like to collect/purchase.
- If inviting others to join, let them know the end dates or assembly dates.
- Once you have your protein kits assembled, either drop off or mail to us.
- Please let us know you learned about this activity through PGK!
- Need community service hours approved for this activity? Let us know that as well.