At home and in your community
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDNone
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Once a dog earns it "Canine Good Citizen" certificate, the chance for successful adoption increases, as does Karma Rescue's ability to rescue another shelter animal in its place.
Paws For Life brings rescued shelter dogs to live full-time with inmates at the California State Prison, Los Angeles County. Over a twelve-week cycle, inmates learn from Karma trainers how to train our rescue dogs for "Canine Good Citizen" certification. Paws For Life is California’s first and only program in a high-security prison involving inmates.
By promoting a pup, you support this special program and give these individuals a way to contribute back to society while helping a dog get a second chance at life.
Help an extra-special group of Karma Rescue dogs find their forever homes by promoting one or more of these pups around town. These smart dogs are earning their Canine Good Citizen certifications as part of the "Paws For Life" training program.
1. Poster-size construction paper or poster board
3. Access to the internet and a printer
No age requirement. Great for the whole family!
1. Get online and look up the current class of Karma Rescue Paws For Life dogs.
2. Make signs and/or flyers promoting the pooch of your choice - include a picture, name, age and some basic information about the dog, as well as the Paws For Life link so people can read about the program.
3. Hand out the flyers (or send them electronically) to friends and family, and also post around the neighborhood, your school, your place of worship or other location.
4. Keep track of your pooch on the Karma Rescue Facebook page and see who adopts him/her! (We post updates regularly.)
5. Feel great knowing you made a difference in the life of dog, and others too!