250 First Avenue Apt 318 Charlestown, MA 02129 in our community space kitchen!
One parking spot can be available for each volunteer group that comes in to volunteer with us. Please call our office at 617-398-6458 when you arrive!
Meals With Love groups can volunteer any day of the week, typically from 2:30P-4:30P Mon. - Sun. or 11A-1P on Sat. & Sun. Please reach out to check availability!
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Parents/guardians need to accompany kids under the age of 18
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
After spending a long day at the hospital by their child's side, families appreciate coming back to a warm meal at our House. When dealing with a child’s illness, often times families do not have the time or energy to prepare a healthy meal for themselves. With the help from our Meals with Love volunteers, you can support our families by providing them with a delicious and healthy home cooked meal that will be ready for them when they return from long days at the hospital.
Whether it is 5 PM or 2 AM, families appreciate coming home from the hospital to a warm meal. Our House provides families a home cooked meal at least 3 times a week.
- All volunteers will need to be fully vaccinated and provide us with documentation of this (please note: RMH does not copy/scan or take photos of your vaccination card)
- All ingredients needed for your meal will need to be purchased by you
- Volunteers must abide by all Covid-19 protocol, including cleaning and wearing gloves at all times, while preparing the meal.
- Volunteers must wear face masks at all times, and maintain a social distance of 3’ while in the building.
- All meals must be portioned out in individual “to-go” containers. You are responsible for purchasing the containers.
- All food/ingredients must arrive at the House unaltered from the time of purchase.
- All food must be prepared in the kitchen of the Ronald McDonald House. Our kitchen is fully equipped.
- Catered food is allowed if prepared in a commercial kitchen and transported directly
- Anyone exposed to an infectious disease or experiencing any symptoms may not participate.
- The kitchen will be open to meal prep volunteers from 3-4:30pm only (unless otherwise specified with RMH Staff)
- Please leave the kitchen in the condition you found it. Wipe down cabinets and counters with approved disinfectant, place used dishes in dishwasher and start the dishwasher if it is full.
- Tours will not be given at this time.
Please email the RMH Boston Harbor Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com who will provide you with all details, forms and dates available. Please "view instructions" below.
- Complete the forms provided by RMH staff. This includes: CORI check, volunteer release form, Covid cleaning protocol, vaccination attestation form
- Repeat or returning volunteers will have access to an account with us through our volunteer database system to access our meal prep calendar to volunteer in the future
- One week prior to your visit, we will email you with information regarding headcount, family allergies and a list of previous meals made from the week before to avoid repetition.