Visit THIS LINK to view available locations throughout all of San Francisco and Marin Counties!
Each location has an eventbrite for registration and more details!
Daily options available.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
The Food Bank distributes food through a network of 450+ partners. These organizations, for example, schools, churches, and community centers, are located throughout San Francisco and Marin, aiming to provide accessibility to community members where they live or work. These partners are responsible for organizing, staffing, and leading their distribution. In general, our partners receive and distribute food on a weekly schedule, and some would benefit from a long-term volunteer.
To support those who no longer have access to food, the Food Bank is opening a number of pop-up pantries.
Many of our more than 275 community food pantries have had to close recently due to other COVID-19 challenges because of reduced volunteers, loss of a location, or other concerns. We need your help to make that possible.
We are looking for volunteer assistance at these weekly food pop up pantries.
Shifts will take place outdoors, most often on the sidewalk or a parking lot, and to further protect the health of volunteers and participants we are:
- Asking participants to keep a sizable distance from one another while in line.
- Pre-bagging groceries for participants to minimize contact between participants and volunteers.
- Encouraging all other best practices: cleaning surfaces regularly, providing hand sanitizer, and wearing gloves.
We hope these measures will help us strike a balance between keeping our community safe while also performing the essential service of getting food to those who need it. But we encourage you to consider your own health before deciding to volunteer.
Suggested: personal protective equipment (gloves, mask, hand sanitizer)
Please note: Pop-Up Pantries are a very fluid means of distribution. We do not know how many participants will arrive and the length of distribution may be dependent upon attendance. Additionally, we currently may not have access to any of the facilities including water or restrooms.
You can find current volunteer opportunities by visiting THIS LINK!
We thank you for your flexibility as we meet this emergent need. Again, thank you so much. The outpouring of support we’ve received in the past few days is inspiring.
Contact us to learn more, 415-282-1900, x316 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for details.
- Check the list of locations HERE!
- Select a location, create an account, and register to help at a particular time slot using links provided here.
- Contact us to learn more, 415-282-1900, x316 or email email@example.com.
- Show up to assist at the location/time you selected.
- Know you are helping feed hungry people during this difficult time!
- Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer opportunity through PGK!
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.